Based on a recent survey, around 48 percent of Australians experience painful heels, arches, or feet weekly. The study revealed three contributing factors – lifestyle, lack of knowledge about foot health, and diseases like diabetes.
According to podiatrists, foot problems are preventable. Choosing the right shoes is the key to preventing sore feet, usually experienced after work and exercise. Moreover, the usage of accessories like gel cushions and customized shoe inserts are simple ways of avoiding permanent damage to the feet.
If you have a health condition causing foot pain, here are some helpful tips for buying women’s shoes online.
According to statistics from 2017-2018, around 1.2 million Australians were suffering from diabetes. If you have diabetes mellitus, it is critical to take care of your foot by wearing suitable footwear. Otherwise, you may develop foot ulcers that could lead to amputation. Here are some guidelines:
- Wear almond-toe shoes instead of pointed toes.
- Aim for shoes that evenly distribute pressure in the foot. If you are planning to wear shoes with flat soles, use insoles to create an arch. Most women’s shoes online sell half and full insoles.
- Wear shoes with soft insoles.
- Choose footwear made of materials that allow air circulation, like leather.
- For better adjustment, choose shoes with strings or buckles.
If you have this condition, the bottom of your heels is painful when you get out of bed in the morning. Most people with plantar fasciitis are either obese, have a high foot arch, or have tight muscles in the calf area.
To relieve the pain, you should choose specific kinds of shoes:
- If a high arch causes your case, look for shoes with the right arch support.
- Wear light shoes like flats and loafers.
- Back straps or ankle straps will provide better support.
- Choose open-toe sandals or shoes with rounded toe boxes.
- Heels should be from two to three inches only.
These are deformities like claw toe, hammer toe, and Adductovarus toe. For these cases, podiatrists recommend shoes with full support.
There should be enough room in the toe box to lessen friction among your toes if you have claw toes. Use gel toe shields and caps to lubricate and reduce friction with the shoes.
With hammertoes, however, the upper part of your shoes should be made of stretchable material to reduce pressure on the toes. Soft paddings should protect the foot area.
Adductovarus toe is a condition wherein a crooked toe moves under the toe next to it. If you have this deformity, podiatrists usually recommend toe spacing products. While your toes are corrected, a general guide is to choose shoes that feel barefoot.
If your sports activities involve running and jumping, there is a possibility of developing heel spurs. In this condition, calcium deposits cause protrusions under the heel bone.
You will need shock-absorbent shoes, especially in the heel area. The back of the shoe should be firm. Slightly elevated heels, like in wedges, will reduce heel pressure.
Other Foot Conditions
Wearing tight shoes causes problems like bunions, corns, and calluses. To avoid the condition from worsening, wear rounded instead of narrow shoes.
Take blisters seriously. The affected areas usually lead to corns and calluses.
Based on these footwear suggestions, having painful feet does not mean wearing shoes looking like “Frankenstein shoes.” With the proper insoles, padding, and support, you can still wear reasonably stylish shoes.