Exfoliation is compulsory before waxing any part of your body. When it comes to the pubic/ bikini region, it becomes even more important to reduce pain and get a smoother finish. Regular exfoliation will reduce ingrown hair and prevent gets rid of dead skin cells.
- Make Scrub at Home
- For pubic hair removal, go natural by mixing 1 cup of brown sugar with ½ cup of oil (coconut or olive). You can add a drop or two of essential oils for fragrance. You can store this mix for around a month.
- Start Exfoliating
- Wet the pubic region and allow the pores to open up. It is better if you sit in the shower for this. Use warm water (not hot) so that your skin will start to breathe.
- Take a small amount of scrub in your hands. Gently rub it in your bikini region for 2-4 minutes. Let it dry for a while and wash it off. Be careful not to over-scrub the sensitive area. You can end up in more pain during waxing if you overdo the exfoliation.
- You can also use a soft handcloth or a loofah for the same. Wet the cloth, apply the scrub on it and start rubbing the pubic region in a circular motion. Don’t rub more than 3-4 times in the same place. And don’t use too much pressure.
- Continue all over the pubic region and go all the way to your back. At times Brazilian waxing involves removing hair from the back as well as the front. Scrub your bottom the same way.
- Pat the area dry once you are done. Don’t dress immediately. Take a few minutes and then put on your clothes. This is to avoid friction with the newly scrubbed regions.
- Exfoliate in Advance
- You should never scrub your bikini region right before waxing. If you have super sensitive skin, you might even peel off the skin layer during waxing.
- The best thing would be to exfoliate a day before the waxing session. It will allow your skin to get back to its normal stage while removing the dead cells.
- Exfoliate after Waxing
- Does it mean that you don’t have to exfoliate again until before your next pubic hair removal session? No.
- Regular exfoliation and scrubbing will keep your skin healthy and soft. Doing it once a week or once in 10 days would be a good idea.
- Remember not to exfoliate until 48 hours after waxing. Let your skin stop being tender from the waxing session.
There is no need to buy any of the expensive exfoliating products from the market. You can make your own version at home with easily available ingredients. And if you wish to use the ones available in the market, pick the ones with less fragrance and have pH neutrality. Read the ingredients listed on the product to ensure that you are not allergic to any of them.