Teeth discoloration may occur because of various reasons. It may be because you have a particular disease, irregular brushing, excessive smoking and tobacco use, and more. However, when all the home remedies fail, a professional teeth whitening may do the magic and bring your shiny smile back!
For Westfield teeth whitening treatment, you need to pick the best dentist. This blog will give you a brief idea about professional teeth whitening with all the essential details.
What is the procedure of teeth whitening?
- The dentist examines your teeth at your first appointment and checks the shade of your teeth.
- He then polishes your teeth with pumice solution to remove any plaque present on the surface of your teeth.
- The teeth are coated with whitening solutions. The solutions typically include hydrogen peroxide, bleaching agents, or carbamide peroxide.
- According to your process level, the doctor either uses a laser treatment here or a curing light.
- Your teeth are exposed to the light for 30-40 minutes, depending on your need and treatment method.
- Once they see the expected results, the process is stopped, and you have to rinse your mouth.
- After this process, you are said to avoid foods like coffee, tea, or tomatoes that contain high pigment levels. Additionally, it is also advised not to smoke or consume tobacco.
The above process may not be affordable for everyone, so there are various whitening kits available that one can use at home as advised by your dentist.
Types of at-home whitening kits:
- Whitening trays.
- Whitening rinses.
- Whitening strips.
Suppose you have tried various home remedies and at-home whitening before and are not satisfied with the results. In that case, you can consult a dentist and ask for a professional whitening treatment.
How is professional teeth whitening better than at-home whitening kits?
- At-home treatments are not as safe as getting proper professional care for your teeth whitening procedure. At-home do-it-yourself kits have risks. However, you need to read and follow the instructions properly, or else they can damage your teeth easily.
- If you get a dentist’s help in addition to teeth whitening, your gums get cleaned, and the cavities are filled, too, increasing your overall oral hygiene.
- The most significant advantage of getting your teeth cleaned by a professional is that it is done under the care of your dentist and nothing goes wrong during your treatment.
- Your dentist does all the process with care, and all you have to do is sit back and relax.
There are various ways of giving your teeth a whiter shade. However, you must choose your treatment wisely and consult your trusted dentist before using any whitening methods.